Info & FAQ COVID-19
Quick links to questions regarding:
Cancellation and rebooking
Q: Can I cancel or change my reservation?
A: For all reservations made before March 17th and for stays until the end of September 2020, we are applying a flexible policy on prepaid stays:
- Contact us before your scheduled arrival date to arrange postponement of your reservation (upon availability and subject to a supplement depending on the new dates chosen). Please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) for more information. Should you reach out to us after your arrival the no show policy of your stay will be applied.
- Claim a refund from your travel insurance : You may ask us for a cancellation fee invoice. Please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) for more information.
For all reservations made after March 17th, we are confident that you were aware of the travel restrictions and other risks and therefore the cancellation policy stated in your booking confirmation applies. If you booked a non refundable rate and need to cancel, full penalties will apply.
We strongly recommend to book flexible rates, which grants you free cancellation until 48h before your arrival.
If you did not book with the hotel directly, please contact the distributor (booking.com, Expedia etc. ) for information regarding your booking.
Q : I am worried due to the spread of Covid-19 and want to cancel my hotel stay, is that possible?
A: It is understandable that one can be worried but we assure you that the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members is our top priority. You can read more about how we are handling guest safety here. Should you still wish to cancel your stay please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) who will inform you of the alternatives.
Closed or modified facilities & services
Q : Is Columbus Monte-Carlo currently open?
A: Columbus Monte-Carlo is temporarily closed for traditional hotel guests until June 15th. We offer a special day-use package for people wishing to rent a room for work reasons. Please note that overnight stays are not included.
Q: Which facilities might be closed during my stay?
A: Please note that the Columbus Monte-Carlo is taking all necessary precautions to insure your stay is safe and enjoyable. Our customers and teams safety is our priority and we have put measures in place in line with government guidance. As the advice evolves, it is possible as a result that certain facilities like the fitness gallery, the swimming pool, the bar and restaurant as well as common areas might be not available or their access restricted. Please note that also certain services like our complimentary car valet service is modified. Our reception team will inform you upon your arrival.
Q: Can I claim a refund if a facility is closed?
A: Our prices have been adjusted to reflect the possibility of temporary closures of certain facilities, we will therefore not be able to grant further price reductions in case of temporary closure of a facility. We thank you for your support.
Q: Is the restaurant open?
A: We guarantee that our hotel guests will be served breakfast and a reduced lunch/dinner menu varying in form (e.g. in the form of a breakfast basket, room service only, buffet style) as the governmental guidelines evolve. Unfortunately, our restaurant TAVOLO remains closed for normal business until further notice. As soon as TAVOLO reopens, guests will be, whenever possible, seated on the terrace facing the Rose Garden, respecting social distancing guidelines. Our reception team will inform you extensively upon your arrival.
Q: Is the bar open?
A: Unfortunately, for guest and staff safety reasons and in line with government guidelines, our cocktail bar remains closed for normal business until further notice. You can order drinks to be consumed in your room. Our reception team will inform you about your options upon your arrival.
Guest safety and routines
Q: What official requirements are currently in place for travellers?
A: Although Monaco does not have any travel restrictions, access restrictions to Mainland France are currently in effect. Every traveler is therefore requested to fill out and carry a travel certificate. More information and the downloadable certificate can be found here. In line with Monegasque regulations, our guests are required to wear a mask whenever in the hotel. Please prepare accordingly.
Q: What new cleaning routines/rules does Columbus Monte-Carlo have now in relation to Covid-19?
A: We are taking all necessary precautions to insure your stay is safe and enjoyable. Our customers and teams safety is our priority and we have put measures in place in line with government guidance.
Here are examples of what we do at our hotel for securing the safety of our guests and teams:
• We follow the guidelines and recommendations of the Monegasque authorities
• All guests are provided with information and instructions about COVID-19 related sanitary measures
• We offer disinfectant dispensers in public areas to our guests
• Our Conciergerie and reception desks are equipped with plexiglass screens
• All our staff wear masks and minimizes interactions with guests (e.g. our car valets will accompany you to your parking lot rather than parking your car)
• We minimise guest interactions by making sure the elevators and shuttle bus are used by a single person (or a party sharing a room) only
• Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons
• We guarantee that for at least 48h before your arrival, your room has not been occupied
• Items presenting a contamination risk (pencils, room directories, etc) will be removed from the rooms and are available on simple demand
• Increased focus on hand hygiene
• Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols
If you have any further questions, please contact our reservation agents (+377 92 05 90 00) before your arrival. Our reception team will give you updated information upon your arrival.
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated
Q: What behaviour is expected of guests?
A: In line with Monegasque regulations, our guests are required to wear a mask whenever in the hotel. We ask our guests, for their own safety, to follow the social distancing and hand sanitation recommendations as displayed at the hotel.
Here are examples of security precautions that anyone can take to protect themselves and others from COVID-19:
• Wearing a mask
• Frequent hand washing
• Have hand disinfection ready
• Avoid unnecessary hand contact
• Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
• Cover the mouth with the elbow when coughing and sneezing
• Keep at least two meters away from coughing or sneezing persons
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated